Tuesday 18 August 2009

Pegasuses XL - The Antiphon


The first time I put this record on I thought it was a crock of shit. Crystalline but familiar synth sounds of yesterfuckinmillennium plus agonised yelping and blah blah blah. After a few more spins, I’m still not convinced that it ain’t a crock of shit; for all I know that may be the whole point. But what I do know is that it tears my guts out and lays ‘em down on the tarmac in nightmarishly weird new forms that’d make HR Giger vomit up his cornflakes, and I want more. It’s puke ugly and blood violent, yet strangely beautiful, like a chemical burn in the shape of a snowflake. It’s blowing my fucking mind.
(Ernest Jenning Recording Co.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heavy. But is it just me who cant see the picture (presumably the sleeve)??